抹茶生チョコ ・ Matcha Truffles

The slightly bitter taste of green tea compliments perfectly the sweetness of white chocolate  <3 I brought these to my friend's birthday party. Judging from the reactions of those who had never tried matcha before, it seems matcha is an acquired taste (maybe it was for me too, but I can't really remember). I remember thinking at first that matcha and all green teas taste a bit like grass, but I remember sort of liking it anyway. (The hardest part for me about Japanese tea was that it's sometimes drank cold). Nowadays I consider myself an addict. If I have to buy a drink from a vending machine,  I always opt for cold green tea (in Japan). I really like Japanese foods (what a surprise :D ) and have liked most from the start (or at least the acquiring part happened quite fast). It might be that I should have born Japanese (as my Japanese friend once told me). Too bad I'm stuck with my Finnish roots.

 

Matcha Nama Choco a.k.a. Green Tea Truffles 

adapted from Just One Cookbook

150 g white chocolate, finely chopped
50 ml heavy cream (35% fat)
10 g butter
5 g (about 1 tablespoon) matcha (powdered Japanese green tea: cooking quality is ok but higher quality tea gives you greener chocolate)
+some matcha for dusting, optional


In a small saucepan bring the cream almost to boil. Remove from heat. Add the white chocolate and butter, mix until they are melted. Shift in the matcha and stir until even.
Pour the mixture into a small square dish lined with baking paper (I used 14 x 11 cm dish for this amount). Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Lift the chocolate out of the dish with the help of the baking paper. Cut the chocolate into desired sized pieces with a sharp knife. The chocolate is easier to cut with the help of a warmed kitchen knife. You can warm the knife under running hot water, but remember to dry it before cutting. Repeat the warming every now and then.
If the chocolate is too soft to be handled properly, put it in the freezer for 1/2-1 hour to harden more.
Dust with matcha (optional). Store in the refrigerator until serving. It's a fresh produce so you should eat it in a few days.


Follow Kitchenfoxtales via Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook to not miss a post!

Comments

Popular Posts