抹茶ティラミス ・ Matcha Tiramisù



I love tiramisù and matcha, so when I bumped into a recipe combining these two, I just had to give it a try!! Matcha tiramisù (or matchamisu) is more suited to the warm summer months than the traditional take on tiramisù with coffee and cocoa with the more refreshing taste of the green tea. Actually this summer wasn't so warm in Finland (still waiting for Indian summer...), but I made this last year when it was so hot. So now you get to know that this post has been waiting for my photo-editing the whole year in the drafts section...*^^* Well, better late than never, right?

Matcha can be substituted for coffee in many recipes, as they both have a bitter intense taste and are high in caffeine. I used my go-to recipe for the tiramisu as a base for this. I don't even remember where I got the original tiramisù recipe many years ago (and of course I've made some minor adjustments to it). To make a proper tiramisù one needs real mascarpone cheese, egg yolks(!), real cream and liqueur. In the case of the traditional tiramisu, I'd use either marsala or amaretto, but for this I wanted to try Japanese sweet plum wine, umeshu. (Now I started craving for 梅酒ロック (umeshu rokku)... yum... :P )



Matcha Tiramisù

serves 2

8 Savoiardi biscuits (lady-fingers)

For soaking:
2-3 tsp matcha (+ more for dusting on top)
2 Tbsp hot water
2 Tbsp umeshu (or other sweet wine)
(1 Tbsp sugar)

Mascarpone cream:
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp caster sugar
125 g mascarpone
2 Tbsp umeshu (or other sweet wine)
50 ml whipping cream


Whisk matcha with hot (but not boiling) water until it is dissolved. (Optional, to sweeten, add 1 Tbsp sugar if you're not so used to the bitter taste of matcha).

Beat the egg yolks with sugar until thick and pale in color. Stir the mascarpone even and add it and umeshu to the beaten egg yolk mixture. Whisk the whipping cream until medium peaks are formed. Gently fold the whipped cream into the matcha mascarpone mixture.

Add umeshu to the cooled soaking liquid. Dip the lady fingers into the liquid very quickly, one at a time, just to soak them all over (don't let them get soggy). Drain off any excess liquid and arrange 2 biscuits on the bottom of each individual serving dish. Spread some mascarpone cream on top of the biscuits. Make another layer similarly. Smooth the surface. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Right before serving, dust the top with matcha powder.

Inspired by: http://blog.wagashi-net.de/2010/03/matcha-tiramisu/

If you want to try my other matcha recipes...
Matcha Truffles
Matcha Cookies
Matcha Yogurt Minibundts
Matcha Mochi Minicakes
Matcha-pehmis (in Finnish)


Follow Kitchenfoxtales via Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook to not miss a post!

Comments

Popular Posts