Lingonberry Mousse Cake - Puolukkamoussekakku





HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!!! I wish I could send this cake to you! I made this cake actually for Valentine's Day and took it to work. (No! I didn't give it to a specific colleague LOL.) In Finland Valentine's Day is actually called "Friend's Day" so I took the cake to ALL of my colleagues. (Well, not exactly to all, but the ones I work with most at the time. My apologies to the 4th floor colleagues, I will bring you the same cake this week!!!).

I love the combination of the sweet mascarpone layer (which tastes like having white chocolate to it!) and the slightly tart lingonberry mousse on top of it. They go so well together! I find the gelatin amount perfect in this cake; it makes the cake stable enough but not too jiggly (I don't like no-bake cheesecakes to have that jigglyness of a jelly). A cheesecake should be soft and creamy instead, like this cake.

I had thought not posting it, as I didn't take any photos and having all the moving things in mind, but I got asked the recipe and then I decided I would post only the recipe and later add the photos. And then I changed my mind again and baked it again, take the photos and decided to freeze it and take it to my 4th floor colleagues for my name-day, which is soon.

Unluckily my own laptop is now in service so I can't develop my photos properly. (I bought the laptop a year ago and noticed a lot of dead pixels right in the center of the screen last December. The stupid thing was I had noticed it in early December, thought it was some kind of dirt, didn't have time to clean it then and when I finally did it, there was the busy Christmas time and my mind was a bit overstressed. When I remembered it again, it was exactly one year after I had bought it. I checked the warranty, which was only one year (that is so wrong!!!). I decided still to go and ask the seller about the warranty and the lucky thing is, EU has some regulations also, so that warranty extends to 2 years in consumer electronics.)

I developed the photos with my older, VERY slow computer and with the software I had (I don't think my older laptop can run Lightroom and I don't actually know what the details of my licence say about having it on second computer.) Anyway, I have the photos as you can see. I'll later develop them properly and upload them.

I didn't make the recipe's date-coconut crust for this cake in the photos, but this time decided to use up Domino cookies we had gotten from the visit to Fazer factories (I'm still trying to use up all the food before the move). Cookie crust is made by just combining 175 g Domino cookies (crushed finely) to 50 g melted butter. The date-coconut crust will not be as thick as the cookie crust.





photo descr

Sweet and creamy mascarpone layer with the slightly tart lingonberry mousse with the date-coconut crust.

Ingredients:
    Crust:
  • 10 soft dates, pitted (about 180 g)
  • 1,5 dl coconut flour (for baking)
  • 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 50+ ml water
  • White layer:
  • 3 gelatin leaves or 1,5 tsp powdered gelatin
  • 200 ml whipping cream
  • 250 g mascarpone cheese
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or a few drops vanilla extract
  • 40 g sugar
  • 75 ml milk
  • Pink layer:
  • 3 gelatin leaves or 1 tsp powdered gelatin
  • 120 g lingonberries (or cranberries or red currants)
  • 70 g sugar
  • 1 Tbsp water
  • 200 ml whipping cream
  • 2 eggwhites
  • For decorating:
  • berries, flowers, sprinkles and coconut flakes
Instructions:
    Crust:
  1. Process dates, coconut flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon into even crumble in food processor. While the machine running, add water little by little until the mass starts to keep together.
  2. Press the mass onto a bottom of a spring-form pan, which has been lined with baking paper.
  3. White layer:
  4. Put the gelatin leaves to soak in cold water.
  5. Stir mascarpone until even. Add vanilla and sugar. Heat up the milk and dissolve the gelatin leaves to it. Stir the gelatin milk into the mascarpone.
  6. Whip up the cream. Stir it into the mascarpone mixture carefully and pour on top of the crust. Place in fridge while you prepare the pink layer.
  7. Pink layer:
  8. Put the gelatin leaves to soak in cold water.
  9. Boil the lingonberries with sugar and 1 Tbsp water in a small pot until the berries are soft. Press the berries through a sieve. Discard the berry skins. Warm up the berry puree in a pot and dissolve the gelatin leaves to it. Leave to cool while you prepare the eggwhites and cream.
  10. Whip up the eggwhites into stiff foam.
  11. Whip up the cream until it's stiff. Turn the cooled berry puree carefully to the whipped cream. Turn the whipped eggwhites gently in 2-3 additions to the mousse.
  12. Pour the berry mousse on top of the slightly set white layer and place the cake in fridge to set at least for 6 hours, preferably overnight.
  13. Final touches:
  14. Place the cake onto a serving dish and decorate with e.g. berries, dried roses, coconut flakes and sprinkles.
Adapted from Annin Uunissa and Dr.Oetker.
*Nutritional information is based on average values and is a rough estimate.
photo descr here

Kermaisen pehmeä mascarpone yhdistettynä kirpeään puolukkamousseen sopii aivan loistavasti taateli-kookospohjaan!

Ainekset:
    Pohja
  • 10 (noin 180 g) pehmeää taatelia (ei siis niitä kuivattuja)
  • 1,5 dl kookosjauhoa
  • 1 rkl kaakaojauhetta
  • 1 tl kanelia
  • 0,5 dl vettä
  • Valkoinen kerros
  • 3 liivatelehteä tai 1,5 tl liivatejauhetta
  • 2 dl kuohukermaa
  • 250 g mascarponejuustoa
  • 1/2 tl vaniljajauhetta tai muutama tippa vaniljauutetta
  • 40 g sokeria
  • 0,75 dl maitoa
  • Vaaleanpunainen kerros
  • 3 liivatelehteä tai 1,5 tl liivatejauhetta
  • 120 g puolukoita (tai karpaloita tai punaisia viinimarjoja)
  • 30 g sokeria
  • 1 rkl vettä
  • 2 dl kuohukermaa
  • 2 valkuaista
  • 20 g sokeria
  • Koristeluun
  • marjoja, kukkia, kookoshiutaleita ja strösseleitä
Valmistusohjeet:
    Pohja:
  1. Aja taatelit, kookosjauho, kaakaojauhe ja kaneli sekaisin monitoimikoneen leikkurilla. Kun seos on tasaista, lisää vettä pikkuhiljaa koneen käydessä, kunnes massa pysyy kasassa.
  2. Painele seos leivinpaperilla vuoratun irtopohjavuoan pohjalle.
  3. Valkoinen kerros:
  4. Laita liivatelehdet likoamaan.
  5. Pehmitä mascarponea sitä sekoittamalla. Lisää vaniljajauhe ja sokeri. Lämmitä maito kattilassa ja liuota siihen liivatelehdet. Sekoita liivateseos mascarponeen.
  6. Vatkaa kerma vaahdoksi. Kääntele se mascarponeen. Kaada kakkupohjan päälle ja laita hyytymään jääkaappiin, sillä välin kun valmistat vaaleanpunaisen kerroksen.
  7. Vaaleanpunainen kerros:
  8. Laita liivatelehdet likoamaan kylmään veteen.
  9. Keitä puolukoita, sokeria ja 1 rkl vettä kattilassa, kunnes puolukat ovat mehustuneet. Voit nopeuttaa prosessia survomalla puolukoita. Painele seos siivilän läpi, jotta saat kuoret pois. Lämmitä siivilöityä marjasosetta hieman ja sekoita liivatelehdet siihen.
  10. Vatkaa valkuaiset ensin kevyeksi vaahdoksi ja lisää sokeri. Vatkaa pehmeäksi marengiksi.
  11. Vatkaa kerma vaahdoksi. Yhdistä puolukkasoseeseen, kun se on jäähtynyt alle kädenlämpöiseksi, mutta ei vielä hyytynyttä. (Itsellä seos jäähtyi riittävästi sillä välin kun vatkasin vaahdot.) Kääntele kerma sekaan varovasti. Lisää marenki 2-3 osassa varovasti käännellen.
  12. Kaada puolukkatäyte valkoisen kerroksen päälle ja nosta hyytymään vähintään 6 tunniksi, mielellään yön yli.
  13. Viimeistely
  14. Siirrä kakku tarjoiluvadille ja koristele se esim. marjoilla, kuivatuilla ruusunnupuilla, kookoshiutaleilla ja strösseleillä hieman ennen tarjoamista (strösselit vetistyvät, mikäli ne seisovat kakun päällä pitkään).
Lähde: Annin Uunissa ja Dr.Oetker.
*Energiasisältö perustuu keskimääräisiin arvoihin ja on karkea arvio.


Follow Kitchenfoxtales via Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook to not miss a post!

Comments

Popular Posts