Caviar Mousse Crispbreads

I love Christmas and its preparations, the festivity and the feel of waiting. How early do you start to preparing for your Christmas? This post is a part of my annual Christmas series on the blog! Check my Christmas Calendar, too!

Christmas Eve will be in one week! I think I've written this many times, but time really goes by so fast. Today I'm continuing with appetizers (check my last post on Salmon Appetizers): I'm posting a recipe using salmon eggs: salmon roe, ikura, red caviar... whatever you call it. Do you know that moment when a pearl of caviar bursts in your mouth and then that salty taste spreads immediately all around? I love it! 


If you're a Christmas addict as I, please remember to subscribe to my Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or via RSS to not miss any posts!

Other appetizers:
Salmon Appetizers
Temari Sushi (in Finnish)
Salmon Start Tarts - Lohitähtitortut
Eggs with Salmon Roe


Caviar Mousse Crispbreads

makes at least 20 appetizers

100 g salmon roe (save a little for garnish)
75 ml heavy cream
80 g sour cream, creme fraiche
2 Tbsp lemon juice
4 Tbsp chives, chopped (+1 Tbsp for garnishing)
black pepper

crispbreads broken to small, bitesize pieces or small crackers
(those small cups on the top tray are called crustades, and can be bought e.g. from Ikea)

Drain the salmon roe. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks just start to emerge. Add sour cream, whisking. Add the rest of the ingredients. Top the crispbread pieces or crackers with the mousse and garnish with chives. You can also serve this mousse with blinis.

Follow Kitchenfoxtales via Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook to not miss a post!

Comments

Popular Posts