Year 2018



Happy New Year! I tried to have this post ready already last year to not recollect old memories on New Year but now here it is...

January





In January we visited the kennel where Toddybear was later born. I posted recipes of talkkunanäkkileipä (crispbread made from "talkkuna", a kind of roasted flour), crispbread pizza and gugelhupf. I cooked also Mifu and posted some photos from our spring 2017 trip to Italy.

February











In February I posted a Runeberg Torte comparison and a plant-based milk test, cooked Chocolate&Zucchini's Winter Vegetable Curry, crispy oat topping, hot chocolate cappuccino-style and also the best sausage soup.

March











In March I was finally ready to post a memorial for Foxtail, a year after his passing. I cooked creamy celery soup (to make use of that left-over celery!), Japanese Soufflé Pancakes (while dreaming of our trip to Japan), some wagashi and gateau magique. We travelled in Japan.

April





In April we were still travelling in Japan. Once we had returned, I cooked shahi paneer and best scones ever.

May







In May I was interested in weddings (we travelled to two countries for two weddings during one week and the next week I was also watching a wedding for which I made a post for a "princess party"). I cooked a rhubarb polenta cake.

June





In June I visited Canada I baked a Nordic feast rye bread and a quiche lorraine. We were eagerly waiting for Toddybear!

July









In July Toddybear arrived! I cooked Radish Quinoa Salad and baked a Fraisier. I posted also some more photos on Canada.

August





I was on my summer holiday, so I had time to post: I made another travel post on Canada, posted a sangria recipe and baked berry mascarpone tart and pear&almond tart. We started to look for an apartment which took quite a lot of time in the following months.


September





I posted Beetroot Feta Galette and Whipped Lingonberry Porridge - Puolukkavispipuuro.


October



I cooked autumn foods: mushroom miso risotto and all things pumpkin.

November







In November I posted two wagashi recipes: Apple & Bean Ukishima and 菊・Chrysanthemum Wagashi. In contrast to all laborious wagashi making, I also baked quick rolls and made express-pickled red onion.

December



Then came December and it was time for the annual Kitchenfoxtales' Christmas Calendar. I am actually quite content with myself as this year I made quite a many new postings for it too. The most popular ones of this Christmas's recipes were Saffron Pancake, Iced Espresso Chocolate Pavlova and Soft Gingerbread Cake. Even more popular were the recipes I've posted before: Tricolour Vegetable Terrine and joululimppu, sweet and spicy Finnish Christmas bread.



Follow Kitchenfoxtales via Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook to not miss a post!

Comments

Popular Posts